Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Easy Heart-Shaped Cake

My, this year is going rather fast. It's kind of scary but I won't dwell on that since it will lead to my thinking about how old I am getting and that is never a good thing. :-)

Well, like I said in a previous post, I've been reading Shannon's "Rock in my Dryer" blog lately. She has a great little thing going called "What Works for me Wednesdays" and today is a Valentine's day theme so I wanted to share my idea. I wanted to share with you a little trick I learned in middle school. I've been using it every Valentine's Day since. It's a heart-shaped cake and it's soooo easy!

Since it's not valentine's day just yet, the photos I am posting are not mine. The link below will take you to the recipe and instructions from Betty Crocker. It was actually a 1990 Betty Crocker ad and instructions in a Family Circle magazine that got me started with this. Check it out. Your kids will love it and will think you are a genius!

Link to recipe -->

6 comments:

Rae said...

Thanks for sharing! Happy Valentine's Day =)

Jane said...

WOW! That does look easy! Thanks for sharing!

Liza on Maui said...

Oh this is great! I'd do this one :) Thanks for sharing :)

Liza on Maui said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm a little late going through this week's WFMW posts, so I just got to yours. I love how easy this is! I'm not sure why I always thought it would be hard to make special shapes with cake, but the heart seemed especially so. Not now. Cool. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.